from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A blow; a hit; a variation of whop.
- n. the curlew.
- v. To strike hard and suddenly.
- interj. A sudden blow; a variation of whop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To throw one's self quickly, or by an abrupt motion; to turn suddenly
- transitive v. To beat or strike.
- n. A blow, or quick, smart stroke.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See whop, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. hit hard
Sorry, no etymologies found.