American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A rat that infests wharves and ships.
- n. Slang A person who frequents wharves.
- n. An alternative term for the brown rat.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.), [Slang] A neglected boy who lives around the wharfs.
- n. someone who lives near wharves and lives by pilfering from ships or warehouses
- n. brown rat that infests wharves
“So they walked on, down the middle of the broadest street of Caergoth's harbor, the brutes jumping whenever a wharf rat skittered from one shadow to the next.”
“She looked Hayden up and down like a wharf rat eyeing a particularly succulent piece of cheese before drawling, “More’s the pity.””
‘wharf rat’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for wharf rat.