from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small nematode worm (Anguina tritici) that is parasitic on and destructive to wheat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anguillula tritici, a nematode worm that attacks wheat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small nematode worm (Tylenchus tritici, formerly Anguillula tritici) which attacks wheat, advancing through the stem to the grains in the ear. In wheat affected with smut, each of the diseased grains may contain a large number of the minute young of the worm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as wheat eel-worm (which see, under wheat).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small roundworm parasitic on wheat
wheat + worm (Wiktionary)