from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An arrangement of gears or wheels in a mechanical device.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An assembly of wheels serving a mechanical purpose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A combination of wheels, and their connection, in a machine or mechanism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A combination of wheels, as in watches and clocks, in embroidery, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mechanical device including an arrangement of wheel in a machine (especially a train of gears)
wheel + work (Wiktionary)