- adj. political Having been deprived of party membership as a disciplinary measure, or having relinquished membership, and often not voting to support party policy.
- adj. informal, of coffee Without whipped cream.
- adj. Without a whip (as in horse racing).
- adj. Concealed, with no visible aerial.
- adj. Designed so as to avoid a lash rebound like a whip.
- whip + -less (Wiktionary)
“Listening to Major you would think he had completely forgotten the humiliating period when the eight or so "whipless" Tory Euro-sceptics held the balance of power in the 1992-97 parliament (Major's majority had only been only 21 to start with) and ran his regime ragged.”
“Every race would still have a winner and, in many cases, I suspect the result of a whipless race would indeed be just the same.”
“With the Conservatives abstaining the result was wholly dependent on the whipless vote of Labour AMs.”
“With the Conservatives abstaining the result was wholly dependent on the whipless vote of Labour AMs. In the end 19 AMs were in favour of the LCO and 21 against.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘whipless’.
these came into effect from 2011
The things that can be done to a cuppa joe.
Looking for tweets for whipless.