from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy white poisonous powder, essentially basic lead carbonate, used in paint pigments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A basic lead carbonate once used in paint
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. hydrated carbonate of lead, obtained as a white, amorphous powder, and much used as an ingredient of white paint.
- adj. Native lead carbonate; cerusite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a poisonous white pigment that contains lead
Sorry, no etymologies found.