from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A timber tree (Pinus strobus) of eastern North America, having needles in clusters of five and durable, easily worked wood.
- n. The wood of this tree.
- n. Any of several other pines having needles in clusters of five.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See the Note under Pine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several five-needled pines with white wood and smooth usually light grey bark when young; especially the eastern white pine
- n. soft white wood of white pine trees
Sorry, no etymologies found.