from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or being a long-established business known for reputable service and a wealthy clientele: "took a job at ... [a] pronouncedly white-shoe investment-banking firm” ( Connie Bruck).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stereotypical Ivy League student.
- adj. Effeminate or immature.
- adj. Establishment; pertaining to mainstream US social power-structures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. denoting a company or law firm owned and run by members of the WASP elite who are generally conservative
From white + shoe; their traditional footwear. (Wiktionary)