from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A whooping crane.
- n. An Old World swan (Cygnus cygnus) having a loud cry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or animal that whoops.
- n. The whooping crane, Grus americana.
- n. The whooper swan, Cygnus cygnus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, whooops.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which whoops; a hooper: specifically applied in ornithology to a species of swan and of crane.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rare North American crane having black-and-white plumage and a trumpeting call
- n. common Old World swan noted for its whooping call
whoop + -er (Wiktionary)