from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dated form of whirr. (sound of rapid motion)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To make a rough, humming sound, like one who pronounces the letter r with too much force; to whir; to birr.
- intransitive v. To snarl or growl, as a dog.
- n. A humming or whirring sound, like that of a body moving through the air with velocity; a whir.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete spelling of whir.
Sorry, no etymologies found.