American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A stiff fabric used for stiffening.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stiff, open canvas-like fabric, used for stiffening and protecting the lower inside surface of skirts, etc.
- n. A canvas-like cotton fabric, used to stiffen and protect the lower part of trousers and of the skirts of women's dresses, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of canvaslike cotton fabric, used to stiffen and protect the lower part of trousers and of the skirts of women's dresses, etc.; -- so called from Wigan, the name of a town in Lancashire, England.
- Named after the town in England. (Wiktionary)
- After Wigan . (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“June 1, 2009 at 2: 13 am this is fantastic i collect them all u can get them at telscope shop in wigan”
“Yes | No | Report from dakohta14 wrote 9 weeks 15 hours ago either a pitail or a canvasback but i would also go for wigan”
“Fantastic footage of willard wigan carving sculpture of malcolm x on head of toothpick!!”
“Nu sceall billes ecg, hond ond heard sweord ymb hord wigan.”
“Jacks picking me up in wigan in a bit, i dont like his new car; its too fast.”
“I ave half a day & then im going to wigan with loz.”
“As with everthing people have to moan at any little thing but I want the cast to know that we travelled home to wigan with our minds taken back 50 odd years, thanks to them for that.”
“Hopalong Cassidy, (c) The Hockey Cokey, (d) 'putting your foot in it', (e) 'the last leg of the UEFA competition', you are said to have commited a wigan.”
“Gēat ungemetes wēl, rōfne rand-wigan restan lyste:”
“As someone who works in a pub in the wigan area i think its brilliant that someone is standing up to the money men at sky.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wigan’.
words that meander or have a partial dimension:
words that "catch on": peano curves: fractalites
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
several of these characters seem to have been involved in the Crimean War
Looking for tweets for wigan.