American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A tall aquatic annual grass (Zizania aquatica) of North America, bearing edible grain.
- n. The grain of this plant.
- n. Any one of the four species of grasses which form the genus Zizania, which have edible grains and edible stems.
- n. The edible grain (the edible rice) which is harvested from these grasses.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) See Indian rice, under Rice.
- n. perennial aquatic grass of North America bearing grain used for food
- n. grains of aquatic grass of North America
“Two days before a race, Ms. Ho says she'll increase her carbohydrate intake by eating more pastas and wild rice to maximize her energy.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wild rice’.
Everything rice. There are many styles of sushi listed here. For convention's sake, I list them in lower case letters and without a hyphen (inarizushi rather than Inari-zushi).
Names used for Behr Paints in spring of 2008. I'm curious to see if Behr gives the same colors different names in other years, so I've tagged each color with its Behr product number. It turns out t...
Looking for tweets for wild rice.