from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A musical group consisting solely of woodwind and brass instruments.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a band of wind instruments; a military band; the wind instruments of an orchestra.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A company of musicians who use only or principally wind-instruments; a brass or military band.
- n. The wind-instruments of an orchestra or band taken collectively. See wind, 8.
- n. A long cloud supposed to indicate stormy weather.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.