from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A container, such as an ice-filled bucket or chest, for cooling wine.
- n. A bottled mixture of wine, fruit juice, and sometimes soda water.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any piece of equipment used to keep wine chilled.
- n. drink made from a mixture of wine, fruit juice and soda water
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a vessel of porous earthenware used to cool wine by the evaporation of water; also, a stand for wine bottles, containing ice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vessel in which bottled wine is immersed in a cool liquid, as in water containing ice, to cool it before it is drunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bucket of ice used to chill a bottle of wine
Sorry, no etymologies found.