from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nut with winglike projections for thumb and forefinger leverage in turning. Also called thumbnut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A nut with wing-like projections to provide leverage in turning; a thumbnut.
- n. One who advocates extreme measures or changes; a radical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any tree of the genus Pterocarya; fruit is a small winged nutlet; Caucasus to southeastern Asia
- n. a threaded nut with winglike projections for thumb and forefinger leverage in turning
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.