American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Either of two plants, Anemone quinquefolia of eastern North America or A. nemorosa of Eurasia, having deeply divided leaves and a solitary, showy, white to crimson flower.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wind-flower, Anemone nemorosa.
- n. Used as a common name of two plant species of the family Ranunculaceae, Anemone nemorosa and Anemone quinquefolia.
- n. A parallel name for snowdrop windflower (Anemone sylvestris).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a delicate flower (Anemone nemorosa) of early spring; -- also called
windflower. See Illust.of Anemone.
- n. common anemone of eastern North America with solitary pink-tinged white flowers
- n. European anemone with solitary white flowers common in deciduous woodlands
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wood anemone’.
An extract from the "Zold Tolmacs" project, a HU-EN environmental dictionary compiled by Robert Gulyas in 2000.
T rolls, table sugar, table wine, tabular block, tabular ice, tackle habitat de..., tackle hunger, tackle problems, tackle the crisis, tackle the escala..., tackle the waste ..., tagged image file... and 3050 more...
Looking for tweets for wood anemone.