American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A computer system or program designed for word processing.
- n. One who uses a word processor.
- n. A device similar to a simple computer, designed for word processing
- n. Software that provides word processing functions on a computer, typically including typeface selection, line justification and other formatting, pagination, and numerous other features. Compare text editor.
- n. an application that provides the user with tools needed to write and edit and format text and to send it to a printer
“The torch beam revealed a small, businesslike secretary’s office, complete with filing cabinets, word processor terminal, and a low, three-seater sofa, presumably for Union Jack’s visitors.”
“I typed, GUY AND I: ISABEEL’S SIDE a third of the way down the page, cursed the typo, and said I was going to get a word processor as soon as my ship came in.”
“Neagley clicked on an icon and a word processor page opened.”
“It was the update for the Discuss word processor he was working on now, popularly known as Cuss.”
“Neagley closed the word processor document and opened the first of seven spreadsheets.”
“Neagley shut down the spreadsheets and reopened the word processor document.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘word processor’.
to have a look how word is used
and the plural
Terms from the fields of terminology, lexicography, lexicology and corpus linguistics
Looking for tweets for word processor.