from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A computer system or program designed for word processing.
- n. One who uses a word processor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device similar to a simple computer, designed for word processing
- n. Software that provides word processing functions on a computer, typically including typeface selection, line justification and other formatting, pagination, and numerous other features. Compare text editor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an application that provides the user with tools needed to write and edit and format text and to send it to a printer
Sorry, no etymologies found.