American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A yet incomplete artistic, theatrical, or musical work, often made available for public viewing or listening.
- n. uncountable Work that has been commenced, but is not complete.
- n. countable A project that has been commenced but is not complete.
- n. uncountable, accounting A portion of inventory that represents goods which are no longer salable as raw materials, but not yet salable as finished goods, work in process.
- n. a piece of work that is not yet finished
“Moving from prescribed dogma to a truth-based approach to life has been a work in progress for me.”
“Beholding the work in progress in the meadow, the row of shrouded bodies, the last of them just brought forth and laid beside the rest, and the chaplain, drooping and disconsolate, stumbling after, the driver of the cart, blithely ignoring the guards at the gate, turned his team aside, and made straight for the place of burial.”
‘work in progress’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for work in progress.