from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yet incomplete artistic, theatrical, or musical work, often made available for public viewing or listening.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Work that has been commenced, but is not complete.
- n. A project that has been commenced but is not complete.
- n. A portion of inventory that represents goods which are no longer salable as raw materials, but not yet salable as finished goods, work in process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a piece of work that is not yet finished
Sorry, no etymologies found.