from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Computer Science Capable of recording data. Used of a storage medium: writable compact disks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. capable of being written
- adj. able to be written data to, usually a file or medium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of, or suitable for, being written down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being written; such as might be set down in writing.
write + -able (Wiktionary)