from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually yellow to orange-brown mineral, PbMoO4, used as a molybdenum ore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An orange mineral, lead molybdate, PbMoO4, found in lead veins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Native lead molybdate occurring in tetragonal crystals, usually tabular, and of a bright orange-yellow to red, gray, or brown color; -- also called yellow lead ore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Native lead molybdate, a mineral of a bright-yellow to orange, red, green, or brown color and resinous to adamantine luster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a yellow to orange or brown mineral used as a molybdenum ore
German Wulfenit, after Franz Xavier von Wulfen (1728-1805), Austrian mineralogist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Wulfen + -ite, for Austrian mineralogist Franz Xavier von Wulfen (1728-1805), named in 1841. (Wiktionary)