from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of xanthine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. same as xanthine.
- n. A yellow insoluble coloring matter extracted from yellow flowers; specifically, the coloring matter of madder.
- n. One of the gaseous or volatile decomposition products of the xanthates, and probably identical with carbon disulphide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A simplified spelling of xanthine.
- n. One of several substances, so named with reference to their color. (
From German Xanthin ("xanthine") (Wiktionary)