from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An arthropod of the order Xiphosura, which includes the horseshoe crab and many extinct forms.
- adj. Of or belonging to the order Xiphosura.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the order Xiphosura, including horseshoe crabs.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the order Xiphosura.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Xiphosura, as a horseshoe-crab.
- n. A member of the group Xiphosura; a xiphosure.
From New Latin Xiphosūra, order name : Greek xiphos, sword + Greek ourā, tail.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Xiphosura. (Wiktionary)