from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Growing or living on or in wood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Living on or in wood, as some fungi and beetles do.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the xylophilans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In phytogeography, growing on wood in any state: applied to a class of fungi.
- Fond of wood, as an insect; living or feeding upon wood.
xylo- + -philous (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.