from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two large evergreens of the West Indies, Podocarpus coriaceus and Podocarpus purdicanus.
- n. Any of the various Australian perennial flowering plants of the genus Xanthorrhoea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A West Indian name for two large timber trees (Podocarpus coriaceus, and Podocarpus Purdicanus) of the Yew family. The wood, which is much used, is pale brownish with darker streaks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Either of two West Indian evergreens, Podocarpus Purdieana and P. coriacea, trees becoming respectively 100 feet and 50 feet high, and affording timber suitable for cabinet and plain purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves
Sorry, no etymologies found.