American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An untrained military recruit.
- n. A soldier confined to a restricted area or assigned menial tasks as a punishment.
- n. Slang A convict; a prisoner.
- n. Alternative form of yardbird.
- n. a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- n. a military recruit who is assigned menial tasks
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘yard bird’.
Specific use of the word bird to describe those featherless bipeds with the broad nails. (From Plato's description of man. See chicken.)
Looking for tweets for yard bird.