from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See shortleaf pine.
- n. See longleaf pine.
- n. The wood of either of these pines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various pine trees with a yellow colour.
- n. A coniferous tree endemic to New Zealand, scientific name Halocarpus biformis
- n. The wood from any of these trees.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. any of several kinds of pine; also, their yellowish and generally durable timber. Among the most common are valuable species are Pinus mitis and Pinus palustris of the Eastern and Southern States, and Pinus ponderosa and Pinus Arizonica of the Rocky Mountains and Pacific States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various pines having yellow wood
- n. hard yellowish wood of a yellow pine
Sorry, no etymologies found.