from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coward.
- n. Someone from Lincolnshire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ptychocheilus oregonensis, a cyprinoid fish found in fresh waters of the Pacific coast of America tributary to the Columbia and Fraser rivers.
- n. In New South Wales, a fresh-water fish, Ctenolates auratus: called also golden perch.
- n. In Dunedin especially, and New Zealand generally, a large flounder, also called lemon-sole or turbot.
- n. A frog.
- n. A person born in the fens of Lincolnshire, in jesting reference to the frogs in the fens.
- n. A sole-like flounder, Rhombosolea leporina.
yellow + belly (Wiktionary)