Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ptychocheilus oregonensis, a cyprinoid fish found in fresh waters of the Pacific coast of America tributary to the Columbia and Fraser rivers. It is long and slender, pike-like in form, although with toothless mouth. A second species, P. grandis, inhabits the waters of California. Also known as squaw-fish.
- n. In New South Wales, a fresh-water fish, Ctenolates auratus: called also golden perch.
- n. In Dunedin especially, and New Zealand generally, a large flounder, also called lemon-sole or turbot.
- n. A frog.
- n. A person born in the fens of Lincolnshire, in jesting reference to the frogs in the fens.
- n. A sole-like flounder, Rhombosolea leporina.
- yellow + belly (Wiktionary)
“The blogs resident ex-con bank robber and yellowbelly is the slime off the bottom of the cesspool. wiley Says:”
“Stephen Walt is a yellowbelly and a sap sucking cowardly douchbag with a yellow stripe down his back a foot wide.”
“Mr. Hack has also called for the assassination of police officers but, yellowbelly that he is, when he had the opportunity to carry out his desires as the officers approached him, he meekly surrendered.”
“Gee, Mr. Hack, the yellowbelly, now proudly states that he threatened to terminate with extreme prejudice a whole bank full of tellers.”
“What yellowbelly Hack and Mr. El Cid fail to mention relative to the numbers they cite is that it includes Bedouins who were not permanent residents of what is now Israel but were nomads who just happened to be present when the census figures were taken.”
“But naturally everyone in town -- especially Hugh O'Brian, who struts around in a skin-tight buckskin shirt -- assumes that Glenn's a yellowbelly for leaving the Alamo, and wants to string him up.”
“Time Capsule says: yes and your all yellowbellies staying hidden in your bases, instead of protecting the Iraqi — yellowbelly cowards scared to come out,”
“Besides the northern water shrew and the pika, Brown found the ermine, the Uinta chipmunk, the yellowbelly marmot, the bushytail woodrat, and nine other species of small mammals on mountaintops within the Great Basin.”
“When the Panamints lost their last yellowbelly marmot, no incoming pikas made up the difference.”
“I don't exactly think that you represent the solution, you and your yellowbelly sellouts are also part of the problem.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘yellowbelly’.
Looking for tweets for yellowbelly.