from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various yellow or mostly yellow birds, such as the goldfinch or the yellow warbler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The yellow warbler
- n. the American goldfinch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The American goldfinch, or thistle bird. See goldfinch.
- n. The common yellow warbler; -- called also summer yellowbird. See Illust. of Yellow warbler, under yellow, a.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several different birds of a yellow or golden color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. American finch whose male has yellow body plumage in summer
- n. yellow-throated American wood warbler
Sorry, no etymologies found.