from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of yellow.
- n. The act of becoming yellow and/or of losing brightness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of making yellow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pathological condition of plants in which the leaves become yellow. It may be due to various causes, such as an excess of carbon dioxid in the air, an excess of water about the roots of the plant, or the presence of poisonous or acid gases in the soil or air.
- n. In pin-manuf., the operation of boiling the pins in an acid solution preparatory to nurling or tinning.
Sorry, no etymologies found.