from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several small New World warblers of the genus Geothlypis, especially G. trichas, having a brownish back, yellow throat, and, in the male, a black facial mask.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mostly yellow-colored group of New World warblers in the genus Geothlypis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of several species of American ground warblers of the genus Geothlypis, esp. the Maryland yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas), which is a very common species.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any bird of the old genus Trichas (of Swainson), now Geothlypis: as, the Maryland yellowthroat. See cut under Geothlypis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small olive-colored American warblers with yellow breast and throat
yellow + throat (Wiktionary)