Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having short molar teeth with one V-shaped ridge; specifically, noting the Zalambdodonta: as, a zalambdodont dentition; a zalambdodont mammal: opposed to dilambdodont.
- adj. zoology Having teeth with two ridges that meet at an angle, forming the letter lambda.
- n. A creature with teeth of this kind.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Of or pertaining to a tribe (Zalambdodonta) of Insectivora in which the molar teeth have but one V-shaped ridge.
- n. One of the Zalambdodonta. The tenrec, solenodon, and golden moles are examples.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘zalambdodont’.
Looking for tweets for zalambdodont.