from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having teeth with two ridges that meet at an angle, forming the letter lambda.
- n. A creature with teeth of this kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tribe (Zalambdodonta) of Insectivora in which the molar teeth have but one V-shaped ridge.
- n. One of the Zalambdodonta. The tenrec, solenodon, and golden moles are examples.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having short molar teeth with one V-shaped ridge; specifically, noting the Zalambdodonta: as, a zalambdodont dentition; a zalambdodont mammal: opposed to dilambdodont.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.