from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having zones; belted, striped, or ringed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having or appearing to have multiple zones, such as of color or texture.
- adj. Having different colors, textures, or other patterns form a pattern of rings, bands, or stripes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Divided by parallel planes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, marked with zones or concentric bands of color.
- In zoology, having zones of color or texture; belted, girdled, or ringed; zoned.
Sorry, no etymologies found.