from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A belt or girdle worn by men in ancient Greece.
- n. Herpes zoster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ancient Greek waist-belt for men.
- n. The disease called herpes zoster (from the typically beltlike pattern of its rash); shingles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Shingles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ancient Greek costume, a belt or girdle; originally, a warriors' belt round the loins, afterward any girdle or zone, but chiefly one of a kind worn by men.
- n. Same as herpes zoster (which see, under herpes).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. eruptions along a nerve path often accompanied by severe neuralgia
Greek zōstēr, girdle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)