from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large multinucleate spore formed by union of similar gametes, as in algae or fungi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A zygosperm.
- n. A spore formed by the union of several zoospores.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as zygosperm.
- n. A spore formed by the union of several zoöspores; -- called also zygozoöspore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a spore formed in the process of reproduction in some algæ and fungi by the union or conjugation of two similar gametes or protoplasmic masses: called isospore by Rostafinski. Also zygosperm, zygote. See spore, conjugation, 4 (with cut).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plant spore formed by two similar sexual cells
Sorry, no etymologies found.