adopted no words,
looked up 0
and loved 0
amorfati commented on the word halation
1. A blurring or spreading of light around bright areas on a photographic image.
2. A glow around a bright object on a television screen.
May 21, 2009
amorfati commented on the word entrepôt
1. A place where goods are stored or deposited and from which they are distributed.
2. A trading or market center.
amorfati commented on the word tirate
tr. & intr.v. ti·trat·ed, ti·trat·ing, ti·trates
To determine the concentration of (a solution) by titration or perform the operation of titration.
amorfati commented on the word distended
1. increased, as in size, volume, etc.; expanded; dilated: the distended nostrils of the terrified horse.
2. swollen, by or as by internal pressure, out of normal size or shape; protuberant: distended wineskins; the distended arteries of his neck.
May 19, 2009
amorfati commented on the word swansong
the last act or manifestation of someone or something; farewell appearance: This building turned out to be the swan song of Victorian architecture.
1825–35; so called from the belief that the dying swan sings
May 16, 2009
amorfati commented on the word ancillary
1. subordinate; subsidiary.
amorfati commented on the word harking
–verb (used without object)
1. to listen attentively; hearken.
amorfati commented on the list amorfati-s-list
words I am learning
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
Wordnik is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #47-2198092.