adopted no words,
looked up 0
and loved 0
bhaskar commented on the word rod
hatvi hatvi rod = cry in remember
buskuti buskuti rod = sob
August 15, 2010
bhaskar commented on the word gaav
ghetti gaav : Sing aloud.
sangeeth gaav : sing clasical music.
bhaskar commented on the word aigi
2) Hear, follow, obey
geeth aigi : listen song
more vatha aigi = follow my words
mhattaan sange vatha aigi = Obey elders words
bhaskar commented on the list sourashtra
More words of sourashtra
bhaskar commented on the word jhirgi
bhaskar commented on the word saa
Chokkad saa = See carefully
yet saa = Look here
ton saa = Look at my face,
I hate. ( blaming purpose )
bhaskar commented on the word likki
kaLjam hor likki = Write on a paper
tapaal likki = Write a letter.
kabaaL likki = A Skull sign which decides our life or living
bhaskar commented on the word kOn
1) Noun, Pronoun
2) Who ?
Tu kon ? = Who are you ?
kon kon jaaraas? = Who are going?
kon vaat ? = In which way ?
kon veLa ? = At what time ?
kOn dinnu ? = On which day ?
bhaskar commented on the word Kaai
1) Pronoun, Adverb, Question
2) What ?
1) Tor naav kaai = What is your name ?
2) Kaai iso poLdithe ? = Why you fall in such manner?
( Extreme feeling )
3) Kaai kaai khaLLi au ? = What are the things to bring ?
bhaskar commented on the word laath
1) Andi laath = Kick heavily
2) Ghedod sogan paskad laath = Kick backwards like a donkey
bhaskar commented on the word kha
1) guLLe kha : Eat some sweet
2) Bhaath kha : Eat rice
3) Chavi kha : Eat with well chew
4) Gaamu kaas kha : Trickly stole others money (especially
in public organisations)
bhaskar commented on the word ninji
2) Sleep, Go to bed, lie down
Raathi ninji huti javaai = You can go after sleep rest.
bhaskar commented on the word miski
2) Blink, twinkle
Example : doLo miski = Blink your eye lid
Divo miski miski lagorthe = Light is twinkling
bhaskar commented on the word dhooL
khalla dhool : Fall on ground
kaaithi kerli dhooL : Do whatever you desired.
DhooL ja moga kaai : I dont care if you fall .
bhaskar commented on the word pay
1) Paanu pani pay - Drink tea
2) Sokku pani pay - Drink water for thirsty
3) kaLa pani pay = Drink liquor
4) haLLu pay = Drink slowly
bhaskar commented on the word huut
2) Stand, wake-up
huut jayen : stand, lets go..
soLoo baar huut : Wake up in early morning
Bisi huut : Sit and stand (as a exercise / or for
bhaskar commented on the word chaav
2) Chew, Bit, Byte
kobbu chaav : byte the sugarcane
chokkad chaav : Chew well.
bhaskar commented on the word nikki
Kot thi jee nikki le : Hide somewhere
nikki li thingi saaris = She is hiding and watching.
bhaskar commented on the word lubbi
peet lubbi = Make Flour ( of grains)
Kacha peet = Uncooked flour
dhigudaag lubbi = Make wet-flour gravy to prepare Dosa (food)
bhaskar commented on the word vathi
2) Vatha is noun. also Vatha ker ( Do speak )
1) ToN hudi vathi = Open mouth and tell something
2) kaai vatha kerorthe = What are you talking?
bhaskar commented on the word naas
2) Erase, Rub, destroy
1) likkeerthe naas = erase the written one.
2) Botto hedi naas = Rub with a cloth to clear
3) tenko naas ker = Destroy them
bhaskar commented on the word maar
vinchuk Hani maar = Kill the scorpian by beat
Kuski maar = Stub to kill
pishLaak maar = kill the mosquito
bhaskar commented on the word haan
2) Beat, strike
1) vaLti khadi haan = beat with a stick
2) doskoor haan = beat on head.
3) geNingaad haan = Ring the bell
4) toN haan = (i) chat, speak like bosting manner.
(ii) exceptional in taste. Bored with taste.
bhaskar commented on the word dhaam
3) Run is its english equal
dhaam ja : go by run
dhamaa dhaam : A very fast escape run.
geNte dhamoores kia ? = Is the clock running ?
monnum dhamooris = Some thinking runs in mind.
bhaskar commented on the word chaal
3) English equal is ' walk ' and ' make '
soNam chaal = Walk fast
Chall'uk avdis = She made (attended-age) puberty stage.
see chaal = Walk catiously.
bhaskar commented on the word feer
1) Verb :
2) Rotate, turn
Preposition example :
feer aav = Come after some time.
Verb example :
chuttu feer = Rotate yourself, walk around,
bhaskar commented on the word kaila
3) Any of vegetable used as gravy or side dish
1) vangi = brinjal
2) Suron = elephent's foot
3) bhendikaili = ladies finger
4) vurNaa = Potato
5) muLo = Radish
Kailaa gojju = gravy of vegetable
Kailaa bhaath = Vegetable rice (food)
bhaskar commented on the word paLLa
2) Fruit is its English equal
3) Any kind of fruit
dhaNim paLLa : Pomagranate
AamBa paLLo : Mango fruit
Anas paLLo : Pine apple
paLLo kha : Eat fruit.
paLLa ressu pay : Drink fruit juice.
bhaskar commented on the word gaai
3) Its english equal is ' cow '
gaai kaai khaai ? = Cow eats what ?
gaai dooth dei = Cow gives milk.
gaai dooth peeL = Milk the cow. (collect milk from cow)
bhaskar commented on the word bheNdu
3) both gender
Dallo bheNdu : He goat
Bail bheNdu : She goat
bheNdu dooth toN khajjuk chokkad = Milk of goat is medicine for lip tear disease
bhaskar commented on the word dukkar
2) Pig - is its english equal word
Dukkar sogan : Like a pig
Dukkar sogan kharis : She eat like a pig
HujaaL dukkar : White pig
bhaskar commented on the word daath
2) Tooth is exact equalant word of this word in English.
Daath duguno : pain in teeth
Daath monji : Brush your teeth
Daath puchaijis = Cavity formed in teeth.
bhaskar commented on the word toN
3) This sourashtra word gives meaning as ' mouth ' in English
tON huud : Open your mouth.
toNum jeev nheena vatha kerores = He is talking non-stopingly.
bhaskar commented on the word Tu
1) Tu = Pronoun, Singular
2) Gives meaning ' You ' in English
Tu kon ? = Who are you?
Tu ja = You go.
a = 1) First letter of sourashtra alphabet.
Pronounciate A in the word AT.
2) A Continuous sound of A is means something thinking,
Negative sign like "un' "in' of English
Tu = Pronoun, Singular
Tu = Gives the meaning ' you ' in english
Tu gia ? = Is it you?
Tu kha = You eat.
Tu kaai kerorthe? = What are you doing?
1) Pronoun (upa navun)
2) Gives meaning " I " in english
Mi kon ? = Who am I?
Mi nha = Not I am.
Mi veenkaar = I am a weaver.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
Wordnik is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, EIN #47-2198092.