looked up 5
and loved 0
bhaskar commented on the word rod
1) Verb2) Cryexamplehatvi hatvi rod = cry in rememberbuskuti buskuti rod = sob
August 15, 2010
bhaskar commented on the word gaav
1) Verb2) Singexample :ghetti gaav : Sing aloud.sangeeth gaav : sing clasical music.
bhaskar commented on the word aigi
1) Verb2) Hear, follow, obeyexample :geeth aigi : listen songmore vatha aigi = follow my wordsmhattaan sange vatha aigi = Obey elders words
bhaskar commented on the list sourashtra
More words of sourashtra(http://www.4shared.com/file/YlfoxaRa/sou-dic.html)
bhaskar commented on the word jhirgi
bhaskar commented on the word saa
1) Verb2) SeeExamples :Chokkad saa = See carefullyyet saa = Look hereton saa = Look at my face, I hate. ( blaming purpose )
bhaskar commented on the word likki
1) Verb2) Writeexample :kaLjam hor likki = Write on a papertapaal likki = Write a letter.kabaaL likki = A Skull sign which decides our life or living manner.
bhaskar commented on the word kOn
1) Noun, Pronoun2) Who ?example :Tu kon ? = Who are you ?kon kon jaaraas? = Who are going?kon vaat ? = In which way ?kon veLa ? = At what time ?kOn dinnu ? = On which day ?
bhaskar commented on the word Kaai
1) Pronoun, Adverb, Question2) What ?Example :1) Tor naav kaai = What is your name ?2) Kaai iso poLdithe ? = Why you fall in such manner? ( Extreme feeling )3) Kaai kaai khaLLi au ? = What are the things to bring ?
bhaskar commented on the word laath
1) Verb2) KickExample :1) Andi laath = Kick heavily2) Ghedod sogan paskad laath = Kick backwards like a donkey
bhaskar commented on the word kha
1) Verb2) Eatexample :1) guLLe kha : Eat some sweet2) Bhaath kha : Eat rice3) Chavi kha : Eat with well chew4) Gaamu kaas kha : Trickly stole others money (especially in public organisations)
bhaskar commented on the word ninji
1) Verb2) Sleep, Go to bed, lie downexample :Raathi ninji huti javaai = You can go after sleep rest.
bhaskar commented on the word miski
1) Verb2) Blink, twinkleExample : doLo miski = Blink your eye lidDivo miski miski lagorthe = Light is twinkling
bhaskar commented on the word dhooL
1) Verb2) Fallexample :khalla dhool : Fall on groundkaaithi kerli dhooL : Do whatever you desired.DhooL ja moga kaai : I dont care if you fall .
bhaskar commented on the word pay
1) Verb2) Drinkexample :1) Paanu pani pay - Drink tea2) Sokku pani pay - Drink water for thirsty3) kaLa pani pay = Drink liquor4) haLLu pay = Drink slowly
bhaskar commented on the word huut
1) Verb2) Stand, wake-upexample :huut jayen : stand, lets go..soLoo baar huut : Wake up in early morningBisi huut : Sit and stand (as a exercise / or for a formality)
bhaskar commented on the word chaav
1) Verb2) Chew, Bit, Byteexample :kobbu chaav : byte the sugarcanechokkad chaav : Chew well.
bhaskar commented on the word nikki
1) Verb2) Hideexample :Kot thi jee nikki le : Hide somewherenikki li thingi saaris = She is hiding and watching.
bhaskar commented on the word lubbi
1) Verb2) Grindexamples :peet lubbi = Make Flour ( of grains)Kacha peet = Uncooked flourdhigudaag lubbi = Make wet-flour gravy to prepare Dosa (food)
bhaskar commented on the word vathi
1) Verb2) Vatha is noun. also Vatha ker ( Do speak )3) speakexamples1) ToN hudi vathi = Open mouth and tell something2) kaai vatha kerorthe = What are you talking?
bhaskar commented on the word naas
1) Verb2) Erase, Rub, destroyexample :1) likkeerthe naas = erase the written one.2) Botto hedi naas = Rub with a cloth to clear3) tenko naas ker = Destroy them
bhaskar commented on the word maar
1) Verb2) KillExample :vinchuk Hani maar = Kill the scorpian by beatKuski maar = Stub to killpishLaak maar = kill the mosquito
bhaskar commented on the word haan
1) Verb2) Beat, strikeexample :1) vaLti khadi haan = beat with a stick2) doskoor haan = beat on head.3) geNingaad haan = Ring the bell4) toN haan = (i) chat, speak like bosting manner. (ii) exceptional in taste. Bored with taste.
bhaskar commented on the word dhaam
1) Verb2) Run3) Run is its english equalexample :dhaam ja : go by rundhamaa dhaam : A very fast escape run.geNte dhamoores kia ? = Is the clock running ?monnum dhamooris = Some thinking runs in mind.
bhaskar commented on the word chaal
1) Verb2) Walk3) English equal is ' walk ' and ' make 'example :soNam chaal = Walk fastChall'uk avdis = She made (attended-age) puberty stage.see chaal = Walk catiously.
bhaskar commented on the word feer
1) preposition2) After1) Verb :2) Rotate, turnPreposition example :feer aav = Come after some time.Verb example :chuttu feer = Rotate yourself, walk around,
bhaskar commented on the word kaila
1) Noun2) Vegetable3) Any of vegetable used as gravy or side dish example1) vangi = brinjal2) Suron = elephent's foot3) bhendikaili = ladies finger4) vurNaa = Potato5) muLo = RadishKailaa gojju = gravy of vegetableKailaa bhaath = Vegetable rice (food)
bhaskar commented on the word paLLa
1) Noun2) Fruit is its English equal3) Any kind of fruitexample :dhaNim paLLa : PomagranateAamBa paLLo : Mango fruitAnas paLLo : Pine applepaLLo kha : Eat fruit.paLLa ressu pay : Drink fruit juice.
bhaskar commented on the word gaai
1) Noun2) Cow3) Its english equal is ' cow 'example :gaai kaai khaai ? = Cow eats what ?gaai dooth dei = Cow gives milk.gaai dooth peeL = Milk the cow. (collect milk from cow)
bhaskar commented on the word bheNdu
1) Noun2) Goat3) both genderexamples:Dallo bheNdu : He goatBail bheNdu : She goatbheNdu dooth toN khajjuk chokkad = Milk of goat is medicine for lip tear disease
bhaskar commented on the word dukkar
1) Noun2) Pig - is its english equal wordExamples :Dukkar sogan : Like a pigDukkar sogan kharis : She eat like a pigHujaaL dukkar : White pig
bhaskar commented on the word daath
1) Noun2) Tooth is exact equalant word of this word in English.Example :Daath duguno : pain in teethDaath monji : Brush your teethDaath puchaijis = Cavity formed in teeth.
bhaskar commented on the word toN
1) Noun2) Mouth3) This sourashtra word gives meaning as ' mouth ' in EnglishExamples :tON huud : Open your mouth.toNum jeev nheena vatha kerores = He is talking non-stopingly.
bhaskar commented on the word Tu
1) Tu = Pronoun, Singular2) Gives meaning ' You ' in EnglishExamples :Tu kon ? = Who are you?Tu ja = You go.
a = 1) First letter of sourashtra alphabet. Pronounciate A in the word AT. 2) A Continuous sound of A is means something thinking, Negative sign like "un' "in' of English
Tu = Pronoun, SingularTu = Gives the meaning ' you ' in englishExamples :Tu gia ? = Is it you?Tu kha = You eat.Tu kaai kerorthe? = What are you doing?
1) Pronoun (upa navun)2) Gives meaning " I " in englishexamples :Mi kon ? = Who am I?Mi nha = Not I am.Mi veenkaar = I am a weaver.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.
Wordnik is fiscally sponsored by Planetwork NGO, Inc,a California 501(c) (3) non-profit educational organization, EIN #94-3366969.