from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A card game in which one can discard certain cards from one's hand and replace them with cards from the deck.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A game at cards, played usually by two persons, in which the players may discard any or all of the cards dealt and receive others from the pack.
- n. A game at cards for two persons, with 32 cards, ranking K, Q, J, A, 10, 9, 8, 7. Five cards are dealt each player, and the 11th turned as trump. Five points constitute a game.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A game played by two persons with thirty-two cards, the small cards from two to six inclusive being excluded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a card game for 2 players; played with 32 cards and king high
From French écarté. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.