from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An adenosine-derived nucleotide, C10H16N5O13P3, that contains high-energy phosphate bonds and is used to transport energy to cells for biochemical processes, including muscle contraction and enzymatic metabolism, through its hydrolysis to ADP. ATP is hydrolyzed to AMP when it is incorporated into DNA or RNA.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adenosine triphosphate
- Association of Tennis Professionals
- Automatic Train Protection
- airline transport pilot Initialism of airline transport pilot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue; the major source of energy for cellular reactions
Since ATP can be degraded by stomach acids, the product has been enteric coated to ensure delivery of Peak ATP® into the small intestine for maximum bioavailability.
Of course, we now know that ATP is widely utilized in reactions involving energy transfer in all cells, as well as in bacteria.
They found that ATP is resynthesized in subsequent reactions.
The ATP is no longer just a two-person race at the top.
The ATP is considering implementing an annual accreditation system at events to better control who can come and go.
What has vexed the ATP is that none of these players or others who heard rumblings of bets being proposed or made came forward and informed authorities.
Young, who is 0-10 in ATP tour-level matches, won his first set in the big leagues in his four-set, first-round loss to Novak Djokovic as a wildcard in the U.S.
Federer already owns an Open-era record of 20 consecutive wins in ATP finals dating back to July 2003.
Agassi, at 33 the oldest No. 1 in ATP Tour computer ranking history, won the Open in 1994 and 1999, and he lost last year's final to Pete Sampras.
Agassi, at 33 the oldest No. 1-ranked player in ATP Tour history, was challenged early by Andreas Vinciguerra but put together a tidy 7-6 (7-1), 6-1, 6-4 victory.