from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Taurus and Pisces.
- n. The first sign of the zodiac in astrology.
- n. One who is born under this sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. : A constellation of the zodiac supposedly shaped like a ram.
- proper n. : The zodiac sign for the ram, ruled by Mars and covering March 21 - April 20 (tropical astrology) or April 15 - May 15 (sidereal astrology).
- n. Someone with an Aries star sign.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n.
- proper n. The Ram; the first of the twelve signs in the zodiac, which the sun enters at the vernal equinox, about the 21st of March.
- proper n. A constellation west of Taurus, drawn on the celestial globe in the figure of a ram.
- proper n. A battering-ram.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the zodiacal constellations.
- n. The first sign of the zodiac (marked ♈), which the sun enters at the vernal equinox, March 21st, and leaves April 20th.
- n. In zoology, a genus of mammals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the first sign of the zodiac which the sun enters at the vernal equinox; the sun is in this sign from about March 21 to April 19
- n. (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Aries
- n. a small zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere; between Pisces and Taurus
ARIES (March 21-April 19): Classes are finally over and you're feeling pretty good about it, Aries.
ARIES (March 21-April 19): You may be feeling a bit crazy as the weekend begins, Aries.
ARIES (March 21-April 19): Already starting to fall behind in your classes, Aries?
"halfe cours," in one of which the sun would be in Aries, and in the other in Taurus; and that when Chaucer says that "the yonge Sonne had in the Ram his halfe cours yronne," he meant that the _Aries half of the month of
The first sign of the Zodiac, Aries is a passionate defender of the self and fueled by the element of fire.
Alas, Aries is so-so in talking their way out of the clutches of the Gestapo.
No, Aries is the one that gets through just before the constabulary put up the Highway Closed signs.
His sun is in Aries and his moon is in Sagittarius, the same combo as Vincent Van Gogh and Thomas Jefferson with whom he shares a birthday.
« Mickie's Zoo: AC/DC: Iron Man 2 CD/DVD set to be released/Lunations by Kirsti Melto » Blog Archive » New Moon in Aries … »
Rebecca’s Sun and Moon are in Aries (the same as Marlon Brando and June Chang).