from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A constellation in the equatorial region of the Southern Hemisphere, near Aquarius and Sagittarius.
- n. The tenth sign of the zodiac in astrology.
- n. One who is born under this sign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. : Capricornus
- proper n. : The zodiac sign for the goat, ruled by Saturn and covering December 23 - January 20 (tropical astrology) or January 15 - February 14 (sidereal astrology).
- n. Someone with a Capricorn star sign
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The tenth sign of zodiac, into which the sun enters at the winter solstice, about December 21. See tropic.
- n. A southern constellation, represented on ancient monuments by the figure of a goat, or a figure with its fore part like a fish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [lowercase] A member of, the coleopterous family Cerambycidæ.
- [lowercase] Of or belonging to the coleopterous family Cerambycidæ.
- n. An ancient zodiacal constellation between Sagittarius and Aquarius; also, one of the twelve signs of the zodiac, the winter solstice: represented on ancient monuments by the figure of a goat, or a figure having the fore part like a goat and the hind part like a fish. Its symbol is
- n. [lowercase] An ibex; a steinbok.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the tenth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about December 22 to January 19
- n. a faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere; between Sagittarius and Aquarius
- n. (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Capricorn
CAPRICORN December 21-January 18: Mercury re-enters Capricorn.
It should be noted that Chris Taylor has Mars in Capricorn, and will be enjoying the benefits of the Pluto-Mars transit when it hits.
Now, in Capricorn, these Jovial are not contingent upon Capricornian virtues, such as family connections, being on time for work, and practical use of inside knowledge.
It can easily be seen that the ambitious Capricorn is both drawn and attracted to the potentials in the mid heaven.
His sun is in Capricorn and moon is in Gemini; he is glib, witty, clever and awfully ambitious.
Capricorn is the astrological sign that rules collective property, such as corporations, governments, and family trusts.
And their master is now Pluto in Capricorn: Nostradamus said of this situation: War is Near!
Nearly two dozen people suggested the name Capricorn, pertinent to the fact that the Tropic of Capricorn crosses the province.
But the bulk of Africa South of the Sahara and North of the Tropic of Capricorn is an unhealthy, depressing, energy-sapping region which deserves the expert ministrations of Unesco nearly as much as the Matto Grosso of Brazil.
Captain Beyond: Parentheses-loving heavy rockers with a drummer named Rhino beefed up pyschedelic prog something fierce while dancing madly backwards on a sea of air for Southern rock label Capricorn in the early '70s.