from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A state of the northeast United States. It was admitted as one of the original Thirteen Colonies in 1788. Connecticut's coastline was explored by Dutch navigators after 1614, and in 1635 colonists from Massachusetts Bay began to settle in the Connecticut River valley. The Fundamental Orders, a constitution based on the consent of the governed, was adopted by the colony in 1639. Hartford is the capital and Bridgeport the largest city. Population: 3,500,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A state of the United States of America. Capital: Hartford.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the British colonies that formed the United States
- n. a New England state; one of the original 13 colonies
- n. a river in the northeastern United States; flows south from northern New Hampshire along the border between New Hampshire and Vermont and through Massachusetts and Connecticut where it empties into Long Island Sound
CHRISTOPHER DODD (D), CONNECTICUT: After 35 years of representing the people of Connecticut and the United States Congress, I will not be a candidate for re-election this November.
SEN CHRISTOPHER DODD (3), CONNECTICUT: After 35 years resting the people of Connecticut in the United States Congress, I will not be a candidate for re-election this November.
JOSEPH LIEBERMAN (I), CONNECTICUT: I said quite honestly to my colleagues that I knew some of them were upset about positions I had taken, but like each of them I didn't get elected by telling my voters in Connecticut that I would follow the majority of my caucus even if I thought on some things they were wrong.
CHIEF JAMES LEWIS, NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT POLICE: Raymond Clark III, 24 years of age of Middleton, Connecticut was arrested for the murder in the death of Annie Le.
JOSEPH LIEBERMAN, CONNECTICUT: Praise the Lord, and praise the voters of Connecticut!
JOE LIEBERMAN (D), CONNECTICUT: The question that is being asked of the Democrats here in Connecticut is will we impose a litmus test, the same kind of litmus test that we criticize the Republicans for imposing, particularly on one issue on which I have taken a principled stand, clearly not one that's to my political advantage, which is the war against terrorism.
JOE LIEBERMAN (D), CONNECTICUT: My opponent is running more against George Bush and the Iraq war than he's running against me and my record, because he can't run against me and the rest of my record because it's a proud record of delivering for the state of Connecticut.
CONNECTICUT: Benefits 76,000 workers in Connecticut, representing 9.8 percent of all hourly workers in the state.
CONNECTICUT 76, RUTGERS 58 Jerome Dyson scored 20 points as visiting Connecticut defeated Rutgers for the ninth time in a row.
CONNECTICUT 87, SYRACUSE 66 Maya Moore had a season-high 38 points and a career-high 20 rebounds to help top-ranked Connecticut beat host Syracuse for its