from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 12th month of the year in the Gregorian calendar. See Table at calendar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The twelfth and last month of the Gregorian calendar, following November and preceding the January of the following year. Abbreviation: Dec or Dec.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The twelfth and last month of the year, containing thirty-one days. During this month occurs the winter solstice.
- proper n. Fig.: With reference to the end of the year and to the winter season.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That month of the year in which the sun touches the tropic of Capricorn at the winter solstice, being then at his greatest distance south of the equator; the twelfth and last month according to the modern mode of reckoning time, having thirty-one days. In the Roman calendar it was the tenth month, reckoning from March. Abbreviated Dec.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the last (12th) month of the year
Brown, who graduated from Wichita East High in December, is visiting family in Nebraska and didn't return calls Wednesday.
The movie, planned for release in December, is from stage and screen director Julie Taymor (Across the Universe, Frida), who previously adapted The Bard in film with 1999's Titus, starring Anthony Hopkins as the bloodthirsty Roman general.
Results released in December from the Pappas School in Arizona, the granddaddy of all separate schools and the model for the Community Transitional School, showed that homeless kids in that program fared worse than homeless kids in public schools in both math and reading in every grade level.
Results released in December from the Pappas School in Arizona, the granddaddy of all separate schools and the model for the Community Transitional School, showed that homeless kids in that program fared worse than homeless kids in public schools in both math and reading in every grade level …
My urban fantasy novel, Petrol Queen, that I started back in December is now at 21k, 101 pages (Courier New).
Hunting the quiet snow covered woods in December is special.
But even with the positive figure, those surveyed said that their preliminary forecast for the next survey to take place in December is back in negative territory at minus 1.
But the other issue that's also [being voted on] in December is the Child Nutrition Act. One in four American children lives in a household now that runs out of food and one in three African American kids lives in a household that runs out of food.
The film, due in December, is equally notable for its writer and director.
Tillerson Adams, who turns 53 in December, is the first woman to serve as chief administrative judge for the 7th Circuit.