from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Flanders, the Flemings, or their language or culture.
- n. A group of Dutch dialects spoken in the southwestern Netherlands, northwest Belgium, and parts of northern France.
- n. The Flemings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to Flanders, either as the historical county of Flanders (the current provinces of West Flanders and East Flanders in Belgium, Zeelandic Flanders in the Netherlands and French Flanders); or as the Dutch-speaking region of Belgium.
- adj. Of or relating to the Flemish variety of the Dutch language.
- proper n. The Dutch language as it is spoken in Flanders.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Flanders, or the Flemings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or native to Flanders, or pertaining to its people or their language; resembling the Flemings.
- n. Collectively, the people of Flanders; the Flemings.
- n. The language spoken by the Flemings.
- To coil, as a rope, in a Flemish coil. See coil, n.
- To make a quivering movement of the tail: said of a dog; to feather.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of two official languages of Belgium; closely related to Dutch
- n. an ethnic group speaking Flemish and living in northern and western Belgium
- adj. of or relating to Flanders or its people or language or culture
"It's not a term Flemish speakers would use to describe the French," said Hugo Coorevits of the Belgian sports paper Nieuwsblad.
I want them to be fluent in Flemish and to pronounce Antwerpen with a hint of vh embedded in the w.
Flemish is the name for our variant of the language, as differ British English and American English.
Perhaps someone has the instructions in Flemish for cropping in photoshop?
None that I saw mention that although he was originally a canon of the Tongerlo Abbey [the link is in Flemish, but the pictures are worth the visit] in recent years he had transferred to St. Michael's Abbey in Orange, California and died a member of that community.
Soeur Gabrielle Rosnet is a small round active woman, with a shrewd and ruddy face of the type that looks out calmly from the dark background of certain Flemish pictures.
Detached translations also exist in Italian, Flemish, and Bohemian.
There were no artists of importance after the time of Rubens and his followers whom we call Flemish artists.
Then went the innocent into the chamber of his wife, whom he thought more beautiful than the Virgin Mary painted in Italian, Flemish, and other pictures, at whose feet he had said his prayers.
"[Treatment of recurrent Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea with a suspension of donor faeces]" (in Dutch; Flemish).