from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow loincloth supported by a waistband; a breechcloth.
- n. A similar garment, usually decorated, that is worn especially by stripteasers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. On a stringed musical instrument, the string that produces the note of G.
- n. A scant covering for the genitalia, especially one worn by a stripper.
- n. A type of loincloth or breech cloth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a patch of cloth attached to and supported by string-like cords, worn over the hips, and serving to cover only the pubic area; -- often worn by stripteasers.
- n. A small covering for the loins.
- n. A transmission line consisting a single wire coated with dielectric, thus permitting surface-wave propagation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The first string on the bass viol, the third on the violoncello, viola, and guitar, and the fourth on the violin: so called because tuned to the tone G.
- n. A narrow strip of cloth worn as a breeeh-clout. J. Mooney, Child life: in Cyc. of Indian Tribes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. minimal clothing worn by stripteasers; a narrow strip of fabric that covers the pubic area, passes between the thighs, and is supported by a waistband
The pictures included one of the gun and others of him holding the gun and wearing a red G-string.
He is also one of the stars of The Winter's Tale, a production first seen in 2005, which features Bell as a bare-chested Gary Glitter of an Autolycus, who can strip a shepherd down to a G-string while he keeps him talking.
Until approximately 4 o'clock Ms. West was wearing a G-string.
On the G-string he often produces a more husky sound, like that of an aging blues singer.
And how could you not pay attention to latex lingerie by Atsuko Kudo, lace looks by Carine Gilson and aerialists wearing Seven Bar's Y panty, a G-string with a heart-shaped knot at the center, flying through Cipriani 42nd Street.
For a Cause "Empowering women on a G-string, rather than a shoe-string" was the strange if catchy slogan on the invitation for Thursday's first Lingerie New York couture fashion show presented by the beach resort Freedom Bay St. Lucia.
The next day he developed photos of various poses in a red G-string, his Glock semi-automatic in hand.
The deterministic musing could have easily been Loughner's as he took undeveloped film of himself posing in a G-string with a Glock over his privates to Walgreens for prints.
Yeah, I don't feel that comfortable being on the runway with a G-string.
Another Essex girl is insulted so abruptly by the judging panel for not being "hungry" enough for fame that she loses her temper, lifts her dress to reveal a G-string and presents her barely concealed vulva to Katie Price.