from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Table at Bible.
- Luke, Saint First century A.D. Companion of Saint Paul and author of the third Gospel of the New Testament. He is considered the patron saint of painters and physicians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. Luke the Evangelist, an early Christian credited with the authorship of the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles.
- proper n. The Gospel of St. Luke, a book of the New Testament of the Bible. Traditionally the third of the four gospels.
- proper n. A patronymic surname.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moderately warm; not hot; tepid; lukewarm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Slightly warm; lukewarm; tepid.
- A Middle English or dialectal form of look.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (New Testament) the Apostle closely associated with St. Paul and traditionally assumed to be the author of the third Gospel
- n. one of the four Gospels in the New Testament; contains details of Jesus's birth and early life
A montage: Guri faces LUKE SKYWALKER in Xizor’s castle, Luke holds his light saber at the ready.
On the first page, under “If found, please return to,” the name Luke Sweet was written in a childish hand, with one Santa Cruz address crossed out and another penciled in.
Clarys mothers friendor whatever he is, reallygoes by the name Luke Garroway, Jace finished finally.
As the same angel appears to have been employed on all these high occasions -- and most likely he to whom in Luke is given the name of "Gabriel," Lu 1: 19, 26 -- perhaps it should in every instance except the first, be rendered "the angel."
But many Americans consider him something of an under-achiever, one writer even coining the phrase 'Luke Donald Disease' for any British player making a ton of money without winning.
Marvel, of course, just the previous year had renamed their title Luke Cage: Hero for Hire, Power Man...
He will never see another Star Wars movie without cringing at the name Luke.
Friday YouTube: Han Solo in 'Luke is Your What, Now ...?'
SF Signal: Friday YouTube: Han Solo in 'Luke is Your What, Now ...?'
Sitting in the backseat, with the rain hammering on the roof, he couldn’t hear a word Luke and Tracy were saying up in front.