from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun May 1, observed in the United States, Canada, and parts of Western Europe in celebration of the coming of spring.
- noun May 1, observed as a holiday especially in socialist countries in honor of labor and labor organizations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The first day of May, the traditional day for
- noun The first day of May, a spring festival, a celebration of the beginning of the spring.
- noun The first day of May, a world-wide workers' holiday.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.