from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A nest; specifically, in entomology, the nest, case, or cell formed by an insect or a spider for the reception of its eggs.
- noun A place or point in a living organism where a germ, whether proper or foreign to the organism, normal or morbid, may find means of development: as, the nidus of the embryo in the womb; the nidus of a parasite in the intestine; the nidus of pus.
- noun Any one of the small collections of ganglion-cells in the medulla oblongata and elsewhere which constitute the deep origins of cranial nerves: usually called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A nest: a repository for the eggs of birds, insects, etc.; a breeding place; esp., the place or substance where parasites or the germs of a disease effect lodgment or are developed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
- noun a nest in which spiders or insects deposit their eggs
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Later, in the new spring, the dragon soared over the rocky plains, bringing back a holly bush, a crenel from ruined Nidus, a rickety hay wagon, and finally, his first killa small centicore that he must have pondered over for about a week, for the smell was so dreadful that the druidess threatened to sprout his tail with mushrooms unless he removed the carcass.
Oliver paced and stared toward the ruins of Nidus, the old castle framed in the rising red light of Lunitari.
A dozen shadowy figures ranged over the ice, a squadron heading north toward the ruins of Nidus.
His works are (_a_) _Moretum_, an idyll; (_b_) _Pulli_, on the breeding of fowls; (_c_) _Nidus_; (_d_) an epic poem, _Annales_.
There were some superb plants of the glossy tropical-looking bird's - nest fern, or Asplenium Nidus, which makes its home on the stems and branches of trees, and brightens the forest with its great shining fronds.
Nidus, a business incubator, focuses on creating science-based companies with big growth potential.
Soul Nidus singer/guitarist Ehsan Ashrafi discovered where the video was early Tuesday morning.
In related news, Soul Nidus will soon release a double A-side single from their forthcoming album.
In the meantime, I would like to thank Wesley Seay for allowing me to use the original Coca Cola machine front panel texture from Nidus (ActiveWorlds) for this much better
I would like to thank Wesley Seay for allowing me to use the original Coca Cola machine front panel texture from Nidus (ActiveWorlds) for this much better (and functional) updated version for 2010. 5 years later, and the old Coca Cola machine gets an overhaul, complete with fully functional buttons, each giving a corresponding soda for the user to wear and drink.