from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who abets or incites; one who aids or encourages another to commit a crime; a supporter or encourager of something bad. Abettor is the form used in law.
- noun In law, an abettor, as distinguished from an accessory, is more especially one who, being present, gives aid or encouragement.
- noun One who aids, supports, or encourages: in a good sense.
- noun Synonyms Abettor, Accessory, Accomplice. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who abets; an instigator of an offense or an offender.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun one who helps or encourages or incites another
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
DiNapoli was abetter choice than Spitzer's candidate, who was subsequently compelled to resign as City Finance Commissioner because of sundry irregularities whose details you can find with the aid of Google.
Judge Maas noted Mr. Elie faces the charges as either a principal or an aider and abetter with the others in the alleged scheme.
Look at the tracks, take a picture and post them, gives you abetter idea of what type of animal it was.
Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 I am privileged to have a short interview with Ms. Uzoma Okere who shared her belief in justice and abetter Nigeria.
If so, and your blogging does not have to be about crime fiction, please complete CFR's survey, which forms part of her research for her article "that will hopefully lead to abetter understanding of the book blogging world and promote more dialogue between publishers and bloggers".
From now on, I'm not going to assume that online retailers are always going to give me abetter all-round deal.
I continue to think guns abetter investement than CD's of todays rate.
TODAY'S TERKEL TAKEDOWN - Amanda Terkel on the pot calling the kettle an aider and abetter of enemies of the state: West Virginia Republican congressional candidate Spike Maynard has a new ad attacking his opponent for accepting money from a 'terrorist.'
I've been called a Marxist and an abetter of terrorism and anti-Semitism.
Lets hope that Protection is abetter script and lets owens performance standout.