from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in agreement or harmony; consonant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Agreeing; consonant; harmonious; corresponding; conformable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Agreeing; consonant; harmonious; corresponding; conformable; -- followed by with or to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Corresponding; conformable; consonant; agreeable; of the same mind; harmonious: sometimes followed by to, but more commonly by with: as, this was not accordant to his tastes, or with his principles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being in agreement or harmony; often followed by `with'
- adj. in keeping
Villejo, expressed in terms accordant with his humane and honorable conduct towards his illustrious prisoner.
Trump is making clear he had nothing to do with a mysterious poll in New Hampshire that, accordant to TIME Magazine, asked Granite State voters about a potential Trump presidential bid.
As Douthat put it, abortion is like 7th-degree homicide, and the laws to punish abortion should be laws accordant with 7th-degree homicide.
So too must it be said that America possesses a relatively robust account of "development" to which it can point with accordant pride.
For Wray, this was a central part of the process; he says it took him some time before he felt fully comfortable with his main character and convinced that he had gotten the voice and accordant emotions down pat.
The region is characterized by accordant ridge crests separated by steep, deeply dissected valleys, strongly influenced by historic and recent volcanic events (Mount Saint Helens).
The persons one hitherto reckoned as mad, you see, became normal last night at eleven, accordant with Reason in its newest phase.
Therefore, mind-itself as an intrinsic part of yourself – except for merely whether you realize or not that it has double purity, ultimately and deeply, from the start – is called the “accordant nature” or “mahamudra.”
Because it is so buttery-smooth and accordant, it is very easy to wear, but it is not a casual scent.
StarFleet is formally organized accordant to Federation Charter.