from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Asexual reproduction, as by budding, cell division, or parthenogenesis.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Non-sexual reproduction.
- noun In botany, natural reproduction by buds, offshoots,cell-division, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Biol.) Reproduction without the union of parents of distinct sexes: asexual reproduction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun reproduction without the fusion of gametes
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
This certainly has the potential of speeding up the evolutionary process. â€ â€œYou mean they use a method other than agamogenesis? â€ They both shuddered. â€œTell Us, â€ Uithâ€ ™ eems, â€œcan this perversion be exploited somehow to strengthen the Empire? â€ â€œPerhaps.
Gamogenesis: reproduction through fertilization: see agamogenesis.
Mrs. Johnson was surely cured of the rheumatism all right, but that does not prove that Mrs. Eddy is correct in her claim that Eve was made from Adam's rib; that agamogenesis is a fact in
I never knew more than one individual who believed in agamogenesis; she was unmarried, a lovely charac -
- Medicine, absence or lack of milk secretion. agalactic, agalactous, agamogenesis